Just thought I'd mention Alex here for a moment. Alex has been laid back and very sweet, helpful, and pretty darn perfect this year. He does have a tendency still to brainstorm all sorts of messy projects and save all kinds of things to 'recycle' in projects that never happen, which I can sympathize with in theory but really just feel completely frustrated about!
Alex enjoys reading his National Geographics and Comics. He likes playing outside with other neighborhood boys, and he's often off on his scooter. He plays his Wii and DS games, and he loves watching the Simpsons and Scooby-Doo.
He keeps up with schoolwork without a problem, and he brings home 'excellent' progress reports nearly every week, but his primary goal with schoolwork is to get it out of the way as quickly as possible so he can do fun stuff. Truth be told, he's sort of like that with the piano, too, though I think he's gaining some appreciation for his own skill there. He really seems to have a knack, and he's diligent about practicing every day without being told most of the time.
He's becoming a young, independent little man, and I am fairly at ease about him. He gives me little to worry about and much to be proud of in his character. I say this with great hopes that this will remain true through his teen years!
No comments:
Post a Comment