Anniversary today! Michael and I have been married 17 years now... We started dating just the year before, about the same week, which makes it over half my life! That doesn't seem surprising, really, as it's hard to remember not being together...
Anyhow, ups and downs, two wonderful kids, moves and homes and careers and many schools later... We've been through a lot. I know I've changed a lot, and so has he, but at some basic level we're still the same, or perhaps I just take the differences for granted.
I am lucky, of course. I could go on and on about all of Michael's wonderful attributes, but today I think I should honor him in particular for his tolerance and steadfastness through everything. He never wavers, and he's put up with more of my volatile, emotional crises than either of us can count. Glutton for punishment? Maybe. But I love him for it.
Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart!
No comments:
Post a Comment