Today has been one of the best days ever!!! The kids fixed me a nearly inedible breakfast (burnt eggs and hard lumps of grits), but they were so happy and proud! After choking that down, Michael made a jelly roll (just what I need, right?), and then we all headed down to check out King's Ferry park on a whim. We waded and the kids played a little, and then we vegetarians walked over to Love's Seafood Restaurant (filmed in Forrest Gump) for lunch, though we normally swear off all restaurants on Mother's Day. Weather was perfect, everyone happy...
We stopped by the Coastal Bamboo Garden on the way back and picked strawberries. My first time, though the kids have done it with their school before. We walked through the gorgeous rose and iris gardens, too...
Michael's taken the kids off now to give me writing time, and I'm sort of doing that, right? (Woohoo--47,000 words now! Dubious quality, but they're there.)
Anyhow, a bunch of firsts today, and all within about 10 minutes of the house. Memorable and spontaneous. Perfect.
I meant that...as long as it's my own spontaneity, I'm golden. I totally would have stressed at the idea of PLANNING all of that. And I wouldn't have picked a seafood restaurant. If it had been someone else's spontaneous idea, then no way! I need about 6 weeks notice on everything. I'm lucky Michael and the kids are so much more accomodating!
The kids and Michael also bought me wonderful presents...and it's feeling good to be me today!
No comments:
Post a Comment