Monday, May 10, 2010

50,000 DONE!

Not quite time for the party, though, as the story still hasn't finished. I've got until Friday to wrap everything up, at least for the rough draft portion. Word count is met, though Michael found a novel word-count recommendation of 60,000-100,000 words somewhere. I think the 50,000 was suggested as a minimum, as this program is a 'let's just see if you can do it' kinda thing. The time limit of one month and the relatively low word count are just motivational factors. Really important ones, in my case, as I needed something to drive this along. I doubt I get to 60,000 in the rough draft, though there are a couple of characters who seem to have been neglected a bit, but I don't want to just throw in random scenes. Not sure if I can link them back into the storyline, though, in an inserted scene. Oh well, I'll drop them for now and just finish it up! Looking forward to pinning on my Novelist Badge!

No comments: