Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fiona's 8th Birthday


Yes, she was happy, but I asked for a serious pic, and I think it's nice!



She's our big eight year old now, and Fiona gets sweeter and more thoughtful every year.

We kept it fairly low-key today, which was still completely stressful for me. It's the 'holiday' mood I get, where it seems so critical for everyone to be happy...it's a lot of pressure!

I've held out pretty well, but I began to snap around bedtime tonight. Michael read the kids stories and the day was preserved! Thank goodness...

Anyhow, we kept everything a bit more modest this year. Michael put together a pair of earrings for her, and she received a couple of nice books, DVDs, and another nice Gotz doll. Media festival display before school, cupcakes at school, pottery painting after school, Olive Garden dinner, new Barbie movie to wrap up the day...

Oh, her darling brother is the biggest generous sweetie. He bought her a bag of truffles and a collection of seven Rainbow Magic books featuring the Sports Fairies (seriously!), with his own allowance, of course!

Anyhow, I was so relieved when Fiona hugged her new doll, Amy, at dinner and said, "This is my best birthday ever!"

P.S. Starlight Pottery is just lovely! It's by The King & I Thai Restaurant at Hodgson Memorial and Eisenhower. Fiona says that she wants to start going there 'a lot'! She painted a fairy and we'll pick it up next week after it has been glazed and fired in the kiln. (Another Savannah first for us...we're on a roll!)

P.P.S. Fiona's GEP class (about a dozen kids?) did their media festival project on Ocean Life. Fiona and Miles narrated again this year, but Fiona only did one of the art pictures herself and helped with one other in the slide show. Their project did well in the festival again (I'm actually not sure exactly how they scored, but the GEP teachers were displaying the projects with top scores, including theirs).

No comments: