Wednesday, May 5, 2010

42,000 words passed

Onwards! Yep, I'm bonafide OCD. Worked well for school, I suppose, but it's hard for actually having a family life. I was relieved when a dear friend cancelled a coffee date today, because I could write (whereas I normally would have been disappointed, and occasionally, depending on my mood, ridiculously mopey). Anyway, it's been fascinating to find out some historical stuff...just superficially, but still far more interesting to me than it would be if I weren't writing on that time period.
Oh, I have had a sudden switch in exercise to bicycle riding. I think it's all the long hours in front of the computer, and I hardly want to go and stare at a television show while I elliptical after that. Also, I keep writing about riding on horses, with the wind in their faces...see the correlation?
Only 8,000 more words actually required, but it's hard to see how I'm going to wrap it all up. I suppose I can envision wrapping it up, just not 'well'. Editing is supposed to come afterwards, though, so I guess I can leave it at a cliffhanger and then 'edit' in an additional chapter and epilogue?
Oh, too funny...Michael gave me a t-shirt today that says, 'Please do not annoy the writer. She may put you in a book and kill you.' It has a cute little typewriter underneath the caption. I thought it hysterical, as did my sister (who is still also writing).

No comments: