Thursday, May 13, 2010

First Rough Draft Done

Ick...not thrilled with the ending, but it's sorta, kinda done. The very last tiny, little bit just sort of flops, and I restarted it three times with different ideas, but at least there's something there. Kind of like an itty-bitty plug on a huge dam, though...
Anyhow, time to go back to the beginning and read the thing through completely. Haven't done that since about midway through. Hopefully I'll get sudden revelations on what to do with some of my fabulous characters who got dropped midway through...how to insert them in a smoothless fashion with something worth saying (assuming that any of the book is worth saying).
Hmm, guess that means I get to pin on my novelist badge today! Yay!
Yes, I suppose I'm all about the titles...Dr. Black Belt Novelist, right? Hope that doesn't mean I'll ditch my writing now that I've done it! (Not doctoring or taekwondoing any more...) Maybe not, though, as I've had a journaling/letter-writing habit for a dozen years, and this does feel right, and I don't have licensing issues (no GA ND license available) or torn brain ligaments to deal with yet (sigh).
I'm afraid I was tremendously influenced by a fortune-telling Tarot reader who accosted me when I was nineteen. She shook her head when I told her that I was planning to be a doctor, and she told me I'd be a writer. Kind of hoping she was right, now, though I was a bit upset at the time. She never said a published author, though, or that I'd be successful or talented at it...

No comments: