Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fiona the Star!

Pics of Fiona's art thru the school year...as shown in the 2nd and 3rd grade art show. The yellow mask, however, is one she did at home.












































Wow, we just got back from Fiona's spring recital at school. I wasn't expecting much, as her recorder teacher had told me that she wasn't planning on having Fiona do a solo. I was so surprised to find that she was just beforehand! Then, her teacher went on to the whole audience about how gifted Fiona is and how she plays notes on the recorder that she didn't even know existed, etc., etc.! She's the only student to again have her name listed in the program!

Also, Fiona's dance teacher pulled us aside to ask that Fiona try out for a special performing dance group that dances around town for a variety of special performances to represent the dance school. She didn't want to mention it in front of the other parents. I am quite impressed with all that Fiona's learned in her once-weekly dance class, and I'm quite amazed at how sharp she is with the whole dance thing.

Fiona also played the violin today, and they sounded really nice. Her teacher is due to have a baby this month, so I know she's relieved to get through the concert. I was really impressed with the advanced violin class, which Fiona would join next year if her teacher comes back. There's some question of that with the new baby boy, of course.

Anyhow, it was fun to see Fiona featured so much. She puts her all into it, generally. Her three groups were the first three to perform, too! She has to stay in to practice her instruments all the time while Alex can go out and play with friends, so it's nice to see her efforts pay off.

No comments: