Day 4 was my 'best' day yet calorie-wise...and I didn't have the pangs or caffeine-withdrawal headache! In fact, I was finally able to get a bit more editing done (whew!).
Tip 1: Miso soup is great! I absolutely recommend! It does feel more hearty than the broth, and I did use a little olive oil to make it--but pretty negligible calorie content overall!
Tip 2: Vinegar! Plain old white vinegar on salad adds a special zing and brightness that works! At 2 cals a serving, I'm sold!
One of the perks to limiting your intake of food is that everything seems to taste better, somehow. Of course, I'm putting more thought than I generally do into what I eat. While that is definitely a generally good idea, I've discovered in the past that I can while away all my spare hours of the day in the kitchen, creating more complex recipes than my 'fast foods'. By the time we factor in all the foods to prepare for the kids, too...well, the kitchen already gets too much time.
I continue to measure...this enabled me to have two tacos for dinner last night! I was thrilled! I wasn't sure I could eat them, but my calorie count still came out pretty fabulous.
The rest of my food for the day consisted of a sandwich (only 100 cal for the light Thomas whole grain English muffins!) and popcorn. Couldn't have done it without the miso soup and salad!
No comments:
Post a Comment