Yes, I know it's super-early to report on today, but I am quite excited about the morning's progress. Contrary to nature, I have put off my coffee--yes, I have! I understand that black coffee has no calories, but mine is always laden heavily with soy milk and honey--rather a morning honey latte. So, no, I'm not giving it up, I'm just 'saving' it for later in the day as my HUGE treat.
Also, where things go wrong immediately is generally that I cook the kids a great big, hearty breakfast. If I'm not strong-willed and strict with myself, I partake of it and generally eat more than they do, when all is said and done...plus my honey latte.
So, kudos to me :)...this morning I took not a bite of their breakfasts and gave all leftovers to pets. Then, absolutely starving, once I was alone I cooked an absolutely delicious 265 cal onion, spinach, and egg concoction with Italian herbs and a big, 40? cal steaming cup of broth. At this point, I've eaten about half of the egg dish and plan to wait to have the other half later.
So, no, I don't plan to deluge you with the entirety of my daily menus in such excruciating detail, but I probably will give you the highlights over the next month, just to keep myself psyched. :) I have plans now to edit (ch11-12 of Tapestry) and look up my balsamic vinaigrette recipe for my afternoon salad. Oh, you know, I pulled out the spinach container and saw the entire 5 oz package only had like 50 cal? Amazing! But that was breakfast...lunch involves some absolutely gorgeous green leaf lettuce plus lots of goodies on top (promise to count and measure!--I've actually got this cute little scale that I haven't made much use of yet, but I've seen them on 'The Biggest Loser' and am looking forward to it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment