We went to the Savannah Arts Academy's winter dance show last night, and I was again impressed. It's a variety of individual dances, ranging from ballet to modern dance--most group, a couple of duets, and a few solos. Of course, given that it's high school, a few of the numbers are not absolutely fantastic, but at least half are fascinating. I was absorbed just about the whole time, which is more than I can say for most shows I see!
I'd been very sad last year to see my two favorite female dancers graduate, absolutely convinced that no upcoming students were as good. True enough, I am not infatuated with any of the female dancers at the moment, but there were several last night that are actually very, very good, and I will admit that I am now almost convinced that I will be quite happy with most future performances as well.
My current big concern is that the two primary male dancers are now seniors. They have been central to every show that I've seen at SAA, and, again, I'm quite concerned that they will be graduating. Of course there are other male dancers, but these guys are spectacular. However, I'm sure they will manage to pull it off somehow! Maybe...(fret, fret...) Anyhow, we still have the rest of this school year, and I plan to catch the remainder of their shows!
No comments:
Post a Comment