Alex is joining a Chess group at school. We play occasionally at home, and he does beat me sometimes, but he was thrilled to find out that he could even beat the chess teacher, who said to him, "See you at the Chess Tournament in the winner's circle!" and told Alex's friend, when Alex lost his queen, "See, even the best players can make mistakes!"
Anyhow, Alex totally flattered me, "Mom, YOU should be the chess teacher." So, yeah...my head's swollen, though I don't think that I'm really that good, given that I don't play with any sort of strategy. Oh, Michael can totally whip me at it once he gets warmed up, too! I'm sure Alex will eventually be a lot better than both of us, though.
Oh, on Thursday Alex was inducted into the Beta Club at school. Parents were invited to pin their children, and I was at first inclined to sit back and let Michael do it alone (being prone to shun the spotlight), until I thought about the fact that I had also been in the Beta Club in Junior High School. It felt sort of special to make that association, so I gathered my shy little nerve and got up there!
No comments:
Post a Comment