Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 7: "Best" Day Yet

Despite planning on a mocha yesterday, or maybe because of planning on that mocha, yesterday was my lowest-calorie day yet (under 1000!).  Actually, we can theoretically lower our metabolism if we consume too few calories, as our bodies think we're 'starving', so I did not plan that--I think I was trying to save calories for the mocha, which I didn't make (Hah!  that way I can still relish plans for it!).  It is now planned for tomorrow on a venture to Starbucks...ouch!  I just looked up the calories of a scone, and that's pushing 500!  So, sounds like I should stick with just the mocha (320) and eat brunch beforehand!
Are you identifying a theme in my blogs for the past week?  Yes--coffee!  The headache is still gone, but the craving is there.  I'd best leave alcohol, cigarettes and drugs alone, eh?  I rather have a tendency to addiction! 

Okay...yes, life is beginning to resume.  I'm back to editing and actually am hoping to make a lot of progress this week.  Can you believe?  The kids actually have a full week of school!  Amazing! 

Oh, and that room cleaning?  Pshaw!  When Fiona woke up that Saturday morning and reconsidered, she totally wanted to go with the boys!  Anyhow, I was a little forlorn at having our plans disrupted, and, though I usually want to hole up at home and relish alone time, I opted to join the outing, too, after confirming with Alex that he didn't mind us gals tagging along.  It was alright...I like Alex's friends just fine--pleasant blokes! 

We saw Tron Legacy 3D, which I opted not to post a review on Facebook for, simply because I think I'm not the target audience anymore.  Everyone else seemed to like it pretty well, but I was quite bored much of the time, to my surprise.  (See?  Still felt the urge to review, despite not making it official!)

Speaking of reviews, Fiona and I began the very first season of Lizzie McGuire together yesterday, as she wanted to work out with me.  Now, I shouldn't be the target audience there, either, but I loved it!  Totally cute.  Maybe it's the girly thing...and it's getting into social dramas and such, always fascinating!

Meanwhile, Alex was at Michael's office getting a second acupuncture treatment.  He's very psyched about them and says they make him feel great!  "Acupuncture is Awesome!" were his words, I believe!
 

No comments: