Not sure I'll ever be finished with my books! I'm finding, with book #2, that much of the dialogue is written almost like screenplay and I have to add all the commentary, which makes it not even an edit, but more like a first draft from an outline! Oh well...I believe it was Fitzgerald (a '20's author) who was said to rewrite everything at least seven times, although folks thought it was just effortless flow.
Again, though, editing does not have the rewards of writing. All day today for three measly chapters of editing? Geesh! Oh, and here you are so proud of your writing, and you go back and realize that half of what you'd imagined isn't recorded at all (outline, again!). So, it's kinda like I'm just fixing what I didn't know was broken! And my chapters are short!
Thanks for listening to my editing rant! Still fun work :).
No comments:
Post a Comment