Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Welcome Review Request

Oh my gosh!  I'm so excited!  A quite well-known fantasy author has requested--get this--for Alex and one other male classmate to review his first draft of a book for middle-schoolers!  The invitation and contact was made via the Ellis librarian, who is a wonderful librarian indeed!  I had no idea that the author's child attends Charles Ellis, though I'd heard that the author lives in Savannah (he's a friend of a friend). 
A new film, written by an Ellis mom, is in the works here in Savannah, too.
Well, I won't go through listing every writer that I know, but there are a host of them, and I'm tickled to pieces to have just downloaded a first draft of...hmm, is there anything wrong with sharing his name?  I don't see why not...Gregory Keyes' new novel.  Yay!  I feel so lucky!  I'm embarrassed to say that I don't believe I've read any of his published works yet, but first draft's first!  :)

No comments: