Monday, February 28, 2011

Savannah Appreciation

What a gorgeous day.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect.  Absolutely ideal--no bugs, no sweat, no chill.  This afternoon we took a ride down to Bonaventure Cemetery, which is mentioned in the draft of Keyes' book, which is set in Savannah.  We found a couple of landmarks that he mentioned, and it was all so exciting and more interesting than usual.  Anyhow, the camellias were in prime form, the river was so scenic, the live oaks and magnolias were so pretty...the kids seemed to enjoy it, a lot.  After that, we went downtown for just a little while to find a couple of other landmarks, which were so fun to imagine as part of Keyes' fantastical world.  You know, I often want to visit places mentioned in books, and I felt so lucky that this was so convenient.  I realized how lucky we are to live in Savannah, especially at this time of year!  Hmm, I would tell more about specifically what we saw, except that I don't want to give away Keyes' story elements!

No comments: