Friday, February 4, 2011

Tangible Rewards

So, I know that I've fallen off my skinny-fying calendar reports this week, but that's because it's all been pretty smooth sailing.  I've kept up with the calorie counting, and things are on track pretty well.  While I give myself constructed rewards, such as the stars and stamps, that's all just for moral support (strange term, isn't it?  Should that be morale?).  However, I am back to report the first tangible reward of my month.  
Like I said, I had been slowly packing on the pounds, and I was unhappy about the whole clothing issue.  That's what often clues me in--when things start getting tight!  Anyhow, it was partly the realization that I'd soon have to go buy even more clothes that prompted my skinny-fying calendar, and now I'm delighted to say that I put on a couple of items last night that were giving me a bit of hassle before!  It feels great to slide into them and feel right.  So, that's just six pounds, but it makes a substantial difference in clothing comfort!  
Oh, I do have a lot of really nice clothes packed away in smaller sizes, so it'll be this rewarding for quite a while to come if I keep it up! 

No comments: