Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Books Update

Tapestry is feeling pretty durn close to complete.  Still finishing up the last run-through with Michael.  Meanwhile, I've gone back to Silk.  Chapter 2 is now written, and I'm completely revising what will now be Chapter 3 (or perhaps possibly Chapter 4, if a new 3 enters the scene.  Not sure it's important enough, though, so it's looking like a 'no' at this point.)  In fact, given the way my writing has developed, I'm afraid that Silk is possibly up for a pretty big revision.  I need to adapt some of the exposition to action and conversation--more of that 'show, not tell' that Laura kept reminding me to do.  Well, not really more 'action', just more 'show' than 'tell' about the action.  I honestly didn't see how to adapt it when I first wrote it, but I think I better understand now.  I think that the most revision needs to occur at the very beginning, though, so here's to hoping it won't take too long to do.

No comments: