Just thought I'd post an update on the nightshade elimination. 11 days now, including the ketchup day. The finger joints are not achy, and the right wrist seems fine, but the left wrist is chronically sore. I believe that's due to injuries, but I was hoping that perhaps reduced inflammation in the area would lead to complete recuperation (and I still rather think that's possible).
We're having dinner with friends on Wednesday, so I may end my elimination early, as I can hardly ask folks to cook vegetarian and without nightshades (and wheat and dairy). Nope, we have to bend a bit to have any sort of social life!
So, I readily admit that joint inflammation is something that can come and go. This was a good test run, though, so I'll try it again if the rheumatoid symptoms crop back up, and I may generally try to substitute other veggies a bit more in my cooking.
No comments:
Post a Comment