Yes, I am working. Working very hard at editing my book! It's not as hard as writing--it's a whole lot easier to critique than to create! Perhaps there will be future dividends, but at the moment it feels a bit as though I'm 'playing' at working. And it's frustrating because after a long day I have to show only the same thing I began with...no new chapters or pages. So, in that sense, writing is a lot more satisfying than editing.
This edit by me should be done soon. I'm on page 93 of 119 Word pages, which I'm hoping and guessing should come out to significantly more than that in a book. It's not the final edit by any means, though, and I suspect the whole process will take forever...
I shouldn't complain, though. I'm still immensely grateful that Laura is going through, catching both subtle and ridiculous problems (hello...I cluelessly repeated a morning and served dessert before a meal!), and, unless I get uber-famous and can just hire others for this part, self-editing is part of an author's work. Right?
Meanwhile, it seems this year is Fiona's dance career year. Last year was her musical instruments year and the year before her taekwondo year, but now she is throwing herself into dance. She is in the Rhythm in Motion performance group, which will be performing in a variety of places. The group meets for extra practices on Saturdays, and she'll be learning an Israeli dance this Saturday. I'm excited for her!
Meanwhile, she's been cast as a Sugar Plum Fairy attendant for the professional Nutcracker performance at the Civic Center, and her teacher has also relayed that she may, along with a few other girls, be asked to be in a SCAD film this weekend (not actually for dance, I don't believe)... I suppose 40 years of teaching dance classes in Savannah has given Ms. Maxine time to form quite a few connections!
We'll see how it all goes...perhaps one day we'll cash in on all our work!
No comments:
Post a Comment