Note: Skip if you are bored stiff by astrology woo-woo stuff! You've been warned!
Simple Applied Astrology from my own Perspective:
First, here's a great website: http://www.zodiacarts.com/Calendar.shtml
This astrological calendar is very handy. First, you can simply look at moon phases. Full moon and New moon are the big uh-oh's--when everything's at the strongest ebb and flow.
Then, get your astrological chart out. http://www.alabe.com/ will give a free astrological chart if you need one. Exact time of birth (often on birth certificate) is critical, especially for moon and ascendant signs. I never really look past Mars on the chart (think of planets being so far away as to have minimal effect!). The Ascendant, Moon, and Sun signs are the strongest, and their elements should be considered.
Fire: Aries, Leo, Sag
Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Cap
Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Now, I've been watching the astrological calendar for a while, and at first I thought, "Ahoy! When the moon has my strongest signs, that should be the best time for me to show those attributes." I looked forward to Cancer and Pisces and Gemini, at first...
However, I believe I've learned my lesson. I should be locked up and fed sedatives when the moon is both New and in Cancer. Yep. The Pisces moon is next on the hit-list. Antidepressants on those days if the moon is full or new, please. Gemini, my sun sign, actually doesn't cause so much suffering, but I don't really think it's all that strong in my chart.
Now, this is all just my own observation and may be completely bogus. However, I've been observing my friends and family for signs, and they all tend to hit their loopiest or most depressed and even sickest around their own 'riskiest' times, according to my own unscientific observations!
What's the use of this? Well, when I'm utterly down and see it's a Pisces moon, I just bide my time and know I'll feel better later--it is a comfort. When Michael gets a bit 'off' on his riskier days, then I also take it with a grain of salt, even if he specifically attributes his mood to other causes. The kids actually seem less vulnerable than the adults, for some reason...I haven't quite figured that out yet. Some adult folks seem less vulnerable than others, too--perhaps they're just more innately stable, and of course there's a host of other influences, too--both astrological and personal.
I have just started to try to consider the moon phases in planning events, though it's never worked out yet. Just too many conflicts with getting everyone's schedules to work!
But why would it be this way? Well, my theory is that we're enough of our major signs on any given day. We're most balanced when a sign that we don't have is predominant. So, for me, Aries, Virgo, Sag, and Cap are great. I'm more orderly, productive, energetic, etc. during these, because I feel their effects and they help to balance me a bit. Leo and Taurus are generally fine, because they're not the strongest chart influences for me, whereas I have to be more careful with water and air signs.
Anyhow, these are just my own interpretations of things. Maybe there's nothing to it, and I've created a whole imaginary scenario, but I just thought I'd share. Look up your loved one's charts, and try to show some understanding and empathy when their worst traits arise during the confluence of vulnerable signs and strong moon tides (new or full)! When it's your own chart, then try to take your own reactions with a bit of objectivity!
Oh, there are some generalized interesting notes...careful of arguments around a Scorpio moon, as they can get wicked! Also, get stuff done during those productive Virgo and Capricorn signs.
Pitfalls? Don't read too much into it and create any! There are so many other influences in our lives, and even in the skies. Maybe just check it out and see what you think! And there's nothing to say you can't have a fabulous day when things look risky according to the moon...just be a little more careful, perhaps!
No comments:
Post a Comment