Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not as many Kisses

Nope, not as many kisses, thanks to my dear little Alex.  Alex reviewed Keyes' new book, giving high praise and criticizing only the smooching: 
...The one thing that I didn’t like very much in your book was all the kissing, but it’s probably just me, because I don’t like that stuff while your average middle school Joe has a crush on someone already. But don’t get me wrong, other than that your book was awesome!...
Actually, he talked in person with Keyes as well, and he communicated the same idea straight off.  Keyes sent Alex a letter thanking him for the review and letting him know he'd deleted one of the kisses from the story!  So, if the romantically inclined readers are disappointed--they can blame my little guy!

You know, I think I'm more excited about all this hobnobbing with successful authors than Alex is.  I suppose he sees it as par-for-the-course, given the books we're writing and the authors he's already met! 

No comments: