Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A House, I Think

Wow...so much has happened in these past few days.  By the way, I did find it therapeutic to write that venting post, apparently--or maybe someone sent me some healing energy (my thanks!).  Anyhow, I was fine after writing that and a bike ride with my little girl. 
Completely unexpected turn of events...  I was honored on Friday night to be invited by my aunt to spend the night in my grandparents' room.  I cherished my goodbye to them--as she told me that she is planning to sell the house.  I tried to be okay with that--she's approaching 70 and is widowed.  She has her own home and her friends and her church quite a ways away.  So, anyhow, I said my wistful farewells to the house where I celebrated holidays and spent parts of my summer breaks.  I used to dream of owning it when I was little, but that seemed completely unrealistic.
However, my folks have out-of-the-blue offered to buy the place for us.  They're very clear that they want to see more of us up there, and they're going to go ahead and put the place in the kids' names.  This is unprecedented and too wonderful--we've already figured out what to do with all the rooms.  Right now, they're all emptying the place of stuff, and we've already got an agenda of repairs to face, but WOW, right?  And perfect for a certain little artist/gardener girl, right?  Alex has bigger plans, but he's excited, too :).
My aunt has agreed, so I'll be anxiously awaiting the title transfer...  As Mom said, "This is a once in a lifetime thing, you know."

No comments: