Friday, March 11, 2011

Another Skinny-fying Tip

After many failed attempts at finding 'substitutes' for my sweet drinks, I happened to try a packet of Crystal Light PureFitness lemon-lime beverage mix--only 30 calories for 16 oz.  The sweetness comes from pure sugar and a stevia extract, but it's actually really good, whereas I don't like stevia extract alone nor stevia extract with honey.  I've now also tried the lemonade and strawberry-kiwi flavors, which I actually like just fine.
Thanks to Michael for picking it up at the store for me!  He just thought it was worth a shot. 

As for my Skinny-fying progress?  Well, I should have, I suppose, about a week left of this month, but I haven't been keeping track for some time and it shows.  I have happily shed perhaps another pound or two this month, but I'm off the calorie counting and tracking for now.  I might get back to it in a couple of weeks, but not just yet.  I've honestly been fairly oblivious to worrying about it, but Alex turned to me yesterday--when he had the idea for us to just raid the pantry and eat 'a lot of stuff'--and said, "You're off your diet now, right Mom?"  So funny, because he generally follows my weight trends to a greater degree than me, and he's looking pretty darn good right now!  I'm still trying to keep it reasonable, but I have no idea how many calories I've eaten on any particular day in the last couple of weeks.  It's a slippery slope, I know!

No comments: