Monday, November 29, 2010

International Media Festival winner again!

I found a note in Fiona's bookbag this morning mentioning that last year's Media Festival entry by her 2nd grade gifted group won, again. Fiona narrated again with the same girl as the year before (why would they change that, I guess, since they'd won the year before as well?), had written portions of the script and of course had artwork in amongst the slides. I asked her what this entry was called, and she didn't remember--"but I came up with the name". She thinks it was Spectacular Sea Creatures. Anyhow, I know they work long and hard for months on these media festival projects, and it sounds like a huge deal--"winner of the International Media Festival"--but they're so nonchalant about it. As in, I don't know if that means they got grand prize or were one of 300 'winners'. Age divisions? Number of entries? There's no banquet or anything...just a P.S. on a crumpled note in the bottom of her bookbag. Guess I'll bug them for a copy of it again. Her teacher actually made me a CD-ROM version of Awesome Creepy Crawlies, the first year's entry, (after I'd asked many times), which was too cute.

No comments: