Well, as life doesn't stop for anyone or anything, we are approaching the weekend, and stuff is coming up. Yes, I like stuff and choose to do stuff, but, given my obsessive yet easily distracted nature, I'd almost like to go into a cocoon while I write. It's very hard for me to get into it, and I'm so easily distracted from it, so it feels imperative for me to put everything I've got into it, if it's going to get done.
However, as it happens, given family and kids and holidays...I don't get a cocoon. In fact, I thought I'd have today to write, but my sweet little girl wants me to come to school for 'lunch with parents' day. Now, any normal person would be able to extract themselves from writing, go have lunch, then return and write some more. We'll see...
I suppose I'm a little worried because my writing daily word counts don't stop for weekends or kids or anything. I'm happy to have caught up a little...
word count: 6107
desired word count as of last night: 6800
...but am worried about the weekend.
Yes, normal people balance their activities, but part of it is the fact that it's really difficult for me to get into it. It's not like a box of truffles, where I can thoughtlessly and happily pop one in my mouth whenever I have the chance. Once I do get in the 'zone', though, as I did last night, it can sometimes pour out. Thank goodness for that.
No, balanced is not my nature, and unless someone's going to provide me with a life coach, I feel like I have to obsess, or I won't do it at all. Yes, I'm lazy, and unless there's a fire under my butt (i.e., strict deadlines to meet), it just won't happen!
Anyway, going to meet Fiona for lunch today, and tonight we're going to try to go see 'West Side Story' at SAA, if we can get tickets! Now, aren't those wonderful things? Okay, I'll try to enjoy my wonderful, fun bits of life and let go of 'work' for those hours!
No comments:
Post a Comment