Sunday, November 7, 2010

Old Pants

Alex was wearing a pair of awesome knee-length shorts today. They're well-worn and green, a very lightweight corduroy type of material. Believe it or not, we bought them for him when he was two. We were at REI and there were no kids' clothes. These are size 14, for youth. However, the waistband was elastic and had a canvas adjustable belt. They were down to his feet, then, but they just seemed like baggy pants, and he has been wearing them ever since. Talk about buying big! Anyway, they are starting to get a little worn out, but I thought I'd write about them today, as they have huge sentimental value and have honestly been constantly used for the past ten years or so! (I snapped some pics of the 'Old Faithful Pants' today, so I'll post them sometime soon!)
Oh funny...I was just about to say that I personally don't have any clothes that old that I still wear often, but then realized that I am, as I write, wearing a robe that my folks gave me for Christmas when I was 17! Yep, it's heavy-duty and thick and I've always hated the hot pink color, but I never could find one as thick to replace it (believe me, I've looked) and have worn it quite regularly through the winters over the past 19 years!
P.S. But no, my robe did not fit me at the age of two, so, while older, it's definitely not as versatile as Alex's shorts!

No comments: