Monday, November 8, 2010

Alex trounces his folks

I suppose it's time to admit that Alex is officially smarter than us, at least in certain ways. He beat both Michael and me, repeatedly and decisively, at Connect Four the other night.
I'm looking forward to playing chess with him again soon, as, though he's won occasionally, I'd like to see if he's become a truly serious or even superior opponent there, too!
He's always had informational categories that he was more informed about than me, but that's always been specific stuff. However, he retains and absorbs so much general world and historic information that I'm starting to see him as a more well-rounded resource about everything, rather like his dad. In fact, the joke is that if I ask Michael an informational question and he says, "I don't know," that I will assume he's just refusing to tell me. That's close to being true!
Anyhow, just feel like it's a milestone. We've made a big deal about him beating us at that sort of thing before, of course, but this is the first time that he blew us away and totally trounced us! Alex is the Connect Four King!

No comments: