Word count: 20,270
40% there.
Hmm, I was going to put the 20,400 word count aspiration, but I did build in a couple extra days to the plan to accommodate for Thanksgiving. Luckily, I've managed to nearly keep up, but my sister and her children are due to arrive in a few minutes, and Fiona's Nutcracker performance is tomorrow, so I'm not going to put the pressure on for now.
Michael has been lovely about taking care of the kids and holiday stuff while letting me write, so I've been a bit luckier than I expected on that front. And, truthfully, this novel is now rolling off the fingertips more easily than the first novel ever did (knock on wood). Just as disturbed stuff, though, if not more so.
Hmm, I'm gonna have to figure out some sort of moral lesson or inspirational story to aspire to if these are successful, as a debt to society. The purpose of these stories? Emotionally dramatic entertainment, I suppose!
It was Tolstoy, I believe, who declared his own work, including Anna Karenina, to be trash in his later years. However, while my assessment of my own work sometimes mirrors his as I wonder what the purpose of this writing is, it would be awfully lovely if its success does so as well. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment