Don't laugh...I am going to try that novel thing again. Impetus? Well, I just happened upon a novel-in-30-days motivational kit at Barnes & Noble, and it sounds like fun and the right kick-in-the-rear that I need. It has gold stars and everything to promote you on your way.
I think I'm going to stop all current novels and leisure television shows, no matter how fascinating, so that I can totally focus on the book (excluding my workout episodes and the kid's bedtime and car stories). I'll just have to pick them up later. My sis and I are going to do the writing program at the same time, I hope. We've decided that she's Emily and I'm Charlotte (Bronte sisters, that is!).
This should allow us each to produce a novel before the kids are out of school for the summer. The novels may stink, but what a fun thing to claim! To be able to say, "I once wrote a novel" will be fantastic. The technique is all about quantity, not quality. Just spit it out!
Michael tells me that Dickens wrote that way. He had a quota for number of words per day, as his stories were published serial-style in the papers of the day.
I should be getting started in a couple of days. Stephenie and I are going to figure out dates and plans tomorrow. Maybe we'll start right away!
Of course, once we get started, I plan to limit blog-writing severely. I plan to post progress notes though...goal number of words and actual number and rough progress log.
Michael also seems to be somewhat interested, so he may join the novel club, though of course he doesn't have as much free time as we do. We'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment