So, I've been on the waiting list for Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella for a bit. It's her newest release, so it has been in high demand at the library. I finally checked it out, and I listened to the first CD today as I did housework. I was amazed that the story begins with the young woman attending a funeral of an elderly relative. The ghost of the relative appears and is nonplussed at the ridiculous claims of her life that the vicar makes. Isn't that some kind of coincidence, given my gripes I've just been making about Granny's funeral?
Oh, another one...I downloaded my friend's novel the other day quite a while after he'd originally published it for Kindle on Amazon. I wrote on that day to let him know I'd finally gotten it, and he replied, with surprise, that I'd written him about it on the very same day that he was signing a contract with Amazon for the book to be published in a bigger way. It's now going to a publishing house for professional editing and such. Isn't it cool that I randomly chose to download it on that important day?
Ahh...while I'm on a role with relating these 'coincidences'...just a week before Easter or so, I'd bought an inexpensive Easter ornament--a 'snow-globe' that held an Easter bunny. I've never bought one before or even thought about such. That evening, I worked out to an Angel episode in which Angel is nostalgically moping over just such an ornament (a snow globe with a bunny in it) that he'd bought his missing baby. In that same episode, another character breaks the globe open to drink the liquid contained within. Weird story facts, but I'm just relating them to point out that I didn't just see the figurine on the shelf, it was a central part of the story! Strange! Also, I'll point out that the Angel episodes are on DVD, so it wasn't being aired in correlation with Easter, unless the dates randomly coincided.
Perhaps I'm reaching, but I'm convinced there's some sort of weird connection that happens. I can't explain how they all coincide, since we've been watching Angel for ages and it was the next sequential episode and I'd had the Kinsella book on reserve for quite a while... but I can't help but think they are connected. Perhaps there is a higher power coordinating it all. Can our higher selves actually predict the future and lay out these things just so for us? Why such minor things as random stories? I'm without answers on this, but I'll be wondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment