Yes, I flagrantly flouted the rules. Our books are not to be shared until they are done. However, after I'd read some of Michael's book, he expressed an interest in hearing mine, so I graciously blasted him with the entire thing over 4.5 hours of reading out loud on Monday evening. Poor guy! He did agree beforehand, however, to only make positive comments and tell me how wonderful it was. He stuck to the plan, and so I am absolutely thrilled and convinced my novel will be the next big thing!
Problem is that I became so gratified and pleased with what I had that I was suddenly terrified that everything else I spewed out couldn't possibly be as good. How funny!
It took me a while, too, to develop my next bit of the story today. I truly don't know what's going to happen, half the time, and I'll be sitting here wondering, "Now, why did he do that? How mean!"
Oh, but actually, most of the guys in this soap opera are way too great. That's about to change, though....
No comments:
Post a Comment