Gosh, my boys (that would be Alex and Michael) have been darting around the house, full of glee, shooting dart guns at each other. I had always said, "no guns" for toys as a general rule, but Alex so desired the dart guns, and they're bright orange with sponge darts--not overly similar to real guns. I acquiesced, and now I can't help but laugh as they dash around with such joy.
I know that we need to parent with conscientiousness, but I keep giving in to our culture and finding that I don't actually mind so much. For example, I really wanted to avoid the Barbie syndrome with Fiona. I wanted her to stick with Waldorf dolls and stuffed animals and baby dolls. However, she adores Barbie, and I gave in right away. We've completely succumbed to that whole Mattel thing. We have most of the Barbie major movies, which are quite good!
Oh well. Perhaps moderation is the key here. Dessert isn't good for us, either, but occassionally it is the best thing ever!
Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn Now
No comments:
Post a Comment