Charlotte is another friend of mine since freshman year of college. I've enjoyed our friendship, as Charlotte is a very dynamic and bold, successful woman! She's an extremely self-confident Emergency Room doc, and I believe I'd feel very safe in her hands!
I get to have vicarious adventures when I catch up with Charlotte. She has safaried in Africa, experienced Europe, trekked down the Amazon for a honeymoon, eloped to Mexico, works for a non-profit educating Mexican health care workers in medical technology, functioned as president of her sorority...
Charlotte (then Charlotte Newman) and I spent a lot of time studying together for our physical chemistry classes, in particular. Her focus and drive are amazing!
Daughter Mia is cut from the same mold as Charlotte, it seems. She knows what she wants and will go for it! Long ago, when Charlotte and I chatted about our med school interviews, she had a ready answer for one of the interview questions that comes up frequently, "What one word describes you best?" Charlotte said without hesitation, "Determined!"
No comments:
Post a Comment