Monday, September 1, 2008

Tea Party!

Fiona's new dress from Strasburg Children was the impetus for this impromptu tea party!
I just love the row of little buttons and the big sash on the back...


Isa, Kasi, Fiona, Lillian, and Alyssa sit around the table for the tea party. Isa, Kasi, Fiona, and Lillian pose for the pictures.

Lillian receiving cream in her tea.





We had a lovely tea party today for Fiona and her friends Kasi, Lillian, Isabella, and Alyssa. Alyssa's brother, Zachary, came over to play with Alex.
Fiona wore a gorgeous silk dress from Strasburg Children. Honestly, the dress was the reason for the party! I was so thrilled with our purchase of the dress that I said, "We need to have a tea party!" just to have a special occasion to wear the dress!
For the first time ever, I finally pulled out the beautiful little tea set that my mother gave me 15 years ago. The dainty cups are so tiny! But it was absolutely perfect for the party, and it was so exciting to use the china. The girls did wonderfully, and absolutely nothing was broken.
Scones and crustless sandwiches, grapes and jelly beans were the finger foods at the table. Once the girls finished eating, they played and played. It's amazing how they go non-stop! They went outside, and I managed to stop Isa just seconds before she sat down on the slide in her pretty white dress! Meanwhile, Fiona was flipping on the rings in her silk dress! I convinced them all to come inside and put on Fiona's clothes while they played outside, which they all thought was a great idea (as girls love to try on each other's clothes). Isa was the only one who came down in a matching outfit, surprisingly!
The party was great fun for the girls, and I enjoyed chatting with Karen (Alyssa and Zachary's mom) and Kelly (Lillian's mom). I think I can honestly say that this is the only impromptu party that I've ever hosted for absolutely no good reason (unless we consider a fancy new dress a good reason!). That's a lot of firsts for this weekend!










Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How



No comments: