Whew... just got back from the big open house at Ellis, a little bit of shopping, and then dinner and a play!
Actually, everything after the open house was alright, but Ellis was packed to the gills. After seven consecutive years there, we have quite a huge number of folks to speak to and interact with at those sorts of functions...especially after being away from each other all summer.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Fiona played violin for the first hour in the main hallway, as her violin teacher was there to recruit new students. It was sort of exciting for her, as she helped liven the open house mood a bit, I think.
Okay, back to me! Basically, greeting and meeting folks for two solid hours was a bit overwhelming. Afterwards, I remarked to Michael, "I think I'm a bit of a recluse." He laughed and said, "Oh, honey, you were always a bit of a recluse, but you've become a full-blown one now!" Phooey...
Actually, even though the restaurant and theatre were full of people, I don't mind so much if I don't have to continually interact with a lot of them. We had dinner with Michael's family, who took the kids for the night. Afterwards, I remembered that Armstrong was holding a play tonight, and I suggested we just swing by to check it out on the way home. We luckily happened to be there in the nick of time, and we just made it into our seats as the play started.
It was Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap, a murder mystery. At intermission, I guessed the real murderer successfully. Okay, well...it was one option that I proposed. Michael gave me full credit, though I didn't really deserve it, as I'd offered more than one alternate scenario!
So fun...and only $10 apiece. It was a small production, but again, there's just somethin' special about live theatre...
2 comments:
I had a lot of fun with you at the theater!
Are you going to the play tonight?
Post a Comment