I have doled out my novel, quite hesitantly and dubiously, extracting promises of secrecy and broad-mindedness, to two friends thus far. As I've waited for feedback, I've entertained notions of stealing back the books, as it feels so exposed to share your creation with someone else and wait and wait for their feedback. Not only that, but in this case I worry about their opinions of me being affected and all...you know, romances being what they are!
Anyhow, I had my first feedback today, and my ego is inflated and quite happy! My friend declared her amazement that it was only my first novel, and, while talking about a 'creepy' part of the book, she literally got goosebumps. Yippy! :) She's pressing me for a sequel ("Don't wait for the summer to be over..."), so I'm elated and feeling more prone in that direction. Book 1 is actually not complete at all without Books 2 and 3. They're kind of critically linked, so I really should get on it...
I should think it was a perfect moment from any author's viewpoint!
No comments:
Post a Comment