Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving decorations

Do you know how you end up with a particular ornament every now and then that just tickles your fancy?
I bought a sleek black porcelain cat from a fancy candle company (at a neighbor's event) last year for Halloween, and it perched on my piano last month, tickling my fancy every time that I walked by.
Last week, we were at Big Lots, of all places, and I passed by the Thanksgiving decorations. I'm not generally that into decorations, but I noticed a ceramic pilgrim couple on a top shelf and thought, "why not? They're half off.." Anyhow, that was a bit uncharacteristic, but they were placed where the cat used to reside and I'm completely bubbly about them! I love the pilgrims! What great decorations! The obscenely low price is beside the point!
Anyhow, I'm such a pack rat... if I could only bring myself to discard crap decorations and only put out the really fab stuff I'm sure I'd be a lot happier! ('Crap' and 'fab' are directly attributable to Sophie Kinsella's influence! :)

No comments: