I've mentioned that Sophie Kinsella is currently my new favorite author of the moment and that she's a Sag, but it just occurred to me last night the coincidence that I'd set up my 'Mii' character on our 'Wii' with the name Sophii (since Sonya is considered a derivative of Sophia) and with the birthday of 12/12 (the 180 degree opposite birthday of mine, for my Mii alterego). Anyhow, Sophie Kinsella's birthday happens to be December 12th! Isn't that almost uncanny that I picked the same name and birthday of my next favorite author, before I'd even heard of her?
Yes, I take things way too far with my imaginary relationships! As a girl, I once dreamt that Lloyd Alexander, my childhood favorite author, was actually my father. It was the sweetest dream. He simply walked in my room to wake me up for school in the morning and stood looking out the window, in a wise and thoughtful way. The sun was shining and I felt blissfully happy and safe with my 'Dad'!
Obviously I do feel quite connected to authors. I feel like I know them better, in a sense, than most people we interact with on a day-to-day level. We sense their priorities, values, and ethics. We get in touch with their senses of humor. We know what moves them. There are no small annoyances or interpersonal problems. It's not like they no-show on you or get grumpy with you. I'd have to say that this is particularly helpful for Sag folks, who typically can't stand having emotional demands placed on them and are known for unreliability and avoidance! None of those things matter for authors, and the beauty of their wisdom and optimistic spirit shines through.
Okay, I digress! I simply was tickled about the coincidence of my Mii 'random' name and birthdate matching my new fav author!
No comments:
Post a Comment