My wonderful kids impressed me so much last Sunday, when they both happily scarfed down raw spinach leaves with their red beans and rice (nothing fancy...the kids have already rejected my labor-intensive homemade red beans and rice...this is a Mahatma package with spices already included). I was on cloud nine! My picky eaters were raving about how great it was...and they asked for and received it in their lunches on Monday!
So, with hopes renewed, I woke up early this morning and prepared a frittata, with leeks, potatoes, and zucchini. Delicious, and a creation that actually held its shape, which is an achievement for me! I served a neat slice on a blue scallop-edged platter to Alex and held my breath as he tasted it. Hunh-uh, he shook his head with conviction. Fiona merely glanced at it and cried YUCK!
Oh well...I wasn't wholly surprised, but I was disappointed. Over the course of the day, I managed to eat the ENTIRE frittata myself, as it's one of the most delicious foods I've had in forever!
Alex had asked for a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, so I found a simple recipe for the essential accompaniment, tomato soup. It was blended in the end for that kid-friendly presentation, and I was quite proud and hopeful of this new accomplishment, but, again, they both wrinkled noses and rejected my soup!
I left the kitchen a mess, with my soup sitting in blender and bowl and pot, and came up here to write this blog! What to do about my finicky eaters? I suppose just try to have patience. I'm paying my dues, I suppose, for my own selective palate in childhood!
Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live. Learn more.
No comments:
Post a Comment