Sunday, September 13, 2009

Not Quite Dumpster Diving!

I had the funniest conversation with a close friend, X, yesterday.  She went with another friend who dumpster-dived!  X initially claimed to have done it, and I was so excited, with a mostly sincere "Oh, wow!  I want to do that!", but I had to burst her bubble when I found out she hadn't actually gone in the dumpster and hadn't actually taken anything!  She can't claim to have dumpster-dived!  Her friend did, though!
Fun!  I think it was the Dollar General or Family Dollar or some such.  Too bad they don't give stuff to Goodwill instead of just throwing it away!
Anyhow, with my funny, safe spin on things, I was inspired to go to Goodwill yesterday!  (My own version of eco-friendly dumpster-diving!)  Anyhow, I bought more cups--they were so cute, little Wexford-style 8 oz glass cups.  Very perfect for juice for the kids.  I sometimes use juice glasses, but most are wider than the kids like and don't have handles.  These were perfect. 
Michael gave me a look of disbelief when I told him.  He couldn't believe I'd bought MORE cups.  We have cups practically falling on our heads when we open the cabinets now!  Also...I bought all 6.  ARGH!  Where will they go?  I LOVE cups and mugs.  I have such a weakness for them!  Therefore, it's really hard for me to get rid of any!
Yep, I also picked up a Chinese vase of sorts (much-needed, of course!) and a bigger cheap vase, which I actually did want and have been needing for years, since I 'accidentally' gave my really nice one to an old neighbor.  I had a new bouquet of flowers in it, and Michael and I had to leave town, so I asked her if she'd like the flowers.  She said sure and thanked me and happily took my really nice vase and flowers.  She never offered back the vase, and I was too embarrassed to ask for it back!
Anyhow, I found some cute 'stuff' that I mostly don't need at Goodwill.  We miss Value Village in Washington...the Goodwill here seems to have such a small selection!  I don't actually shop there much at all, but it is such an environmentally-friendly thing to do. 


Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.

No comments: