Alex, Fiona, and I went to see Kung Fu Panda today with many folks from the taekwondo school. Ironically, Michael missed the movie so that he could attend taekwondo class! The movie was fun, but I have to say that I sometimes feel a bit like the Panda when I'm in class--watching those advanced students and teachers with their fancy 360 degree kicks and all! I've been hobbling around on a sore knee since my black belt testing, so I haven't attended a single class for the past couple of weeks--and I swear that it already feels like months have gone by.
I have a current client who has injured herself with her intensive yoga practice, and we were discussing that perhaps we're doing more than our bodies are meant to do! We're both so achievement-oriented that we keep pushing it until our bodies practically hobble us to settle us down! But we love what we do... It's so hard to find the perfect balance. Oh well, I suppose these injuries are the fallout from exercise. Michael hurt his shoulder in class today, too...
The kids seem more resilient than us. I don't think they have the flexibility issues. Maybe we're just getting old!
Enjoy 5 GB of free, password-protected online storage. Get Windows Live SkyDrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment