



May was such a busy month! Two events that I didn’t really talk about were Fiona’s birthday party and her dance recital.
Fiona turned six years old on May 18th. We celebrated in quite a big fashion this year! The weekend before her birthday was our Universal Studios trip in Orlando, the Friday before her birthday was horseback riding (which she’d been asking for like mad) with Alex and her best friend Lillian, and her fabulous birthday party was at Master Richard’s ATA Black Belt Academy—complete with a yummy cake from Rum Runner’s Bakery. Fiona received the most thoughtful presents from everyone, and she had the nicest group of people there. Even her cousins, Nicholas and Elizabeth, came down from South Carolina to join the festivities. Her big tangible present from us was a lovely new bicycle—pink, with a basket—from Bicycle Link in Savannah.
Anyhow, it was a huge birthday, which I know that she enjoyed. She actually held it together really well, as it was almost too much for a young child to handle, I believe! I don’t expect to celebrate quite that much again until she turns 16!
The day before her birthday was also a big day. She had her annual dance recital at the Civic Center, a five hour event (yes, that’s 5 hrs!) in which she had one song as a hula girl and another as Little Orphan Annie (identical to the rest of her dance troupe). She was absolutely gorgeous with curly hair, sparkly costumes, and lots of make-up! She was so cute and it was more fun to watch this year, as the girls are developing a little more skill and coordination.
Believe it or not, Michael and I actually watched her 1st dance, and then we left to attend a wedding of our taekwondo instructors (we couldn’t miss that!). We then dashed back in the nick of time to see her 2nd dance, and then hurried back to the reception! To top it all off, the heel broke off of my shoe as we arrived back at the reception, which was a fancy-shmancy gathering at the Jepson Center for the Arts—to which I wore flip-flops!
We were lucky to have Grammy and Gramps there to watch the kids for us. In fact, the kids spent the night with them so that we could attend the wedding and get ready for Fiona’s Sunday birthday party.
Anyway, we made it through all of that, plus my black belt testing, a family reunion in SC, and the herbal conference—all in the merry, mad month of May!
1 comment:
I can't believe Fiona's six! The kids are growing up so fast. Hopefully we'll see you again before she's 16! I miss you guys.
Toni
P.S. you are much better at keeping up with your blog then I am.
Post a Comment