I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed in myself. I introduced a new character 'Frank' to my story--just a small role. I even described him with a moustache (unlike any male character in this book) and dark hair. I thought I had just made him up, and I first was enthused when we went to see The Tourist yesterday (a very fun movie). "Hey! Depp is Frank, with dark hair and a moustache!" What a coincidence, right? No...I'd watched the trailer and read the blurb on the movie just a day or two before. Now, I wouldn't feel so bad if it had been ages ago, but the night before? My brain is Swiss cheese, I swear.
Oh, but it does make me feel a bit more convinced that Rowling probably has no idea how many ideas she pinched from earlier fantasy writers! See, my logic goes that if Rowling does it, then it's FINE! :)
Oh, but it does make me feel a bit more convinced that Rowling probably has no idea how many ideas she pinched from earlier fantasy writers! See, my logic goes that if Rowling does it, then it's FINE! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment