Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

Another Christmas has come and gone! We spent most of our time up in SC, as my grandaddy is not doing so well--completely lucid and spunky, but dealing with a leukemia-type of condition. He was able to attend the Ard family gathering at his home, though, so that made it sort of special. It's been a while since we attended one of the extended family celebrations, and it was particularly nice--perhaps in part for being back at my grandparents' home. I've never been psyched about alternate locations.
Fiona received her Rebecca American Girl doll and Alex his video camera from Santa (for the movie he's planning). They had a great time with their cousins and, of course, received a slew of presents from us and both sides of the family.
In fact, we celebrated with Michael's family on the 26th, and their very fun newlywed aunt and uncle invited them up to Charleston for the week, so I was surprised to receive a blissful week of quiet, which is going all too fast! I do miss them, though :)
Michael has been a fantastic sport about working and celebrating and keeping a great mood. I have been unwinding a little from writing, and, even though I haven't quite gotten the house back in order, am feeling the urge to get back to editing! Can't wait to complete my book projects, and more editing is top of the agenda!

No comments: