Alex brought home his 'book' today. It's about 20 pages of large print with lots of spaces, typed. A strange, kids' horror theme, it needs some editing and maybe a bit of revamping, but I'm impressed that he finished it. He took my sticker chart idea, and I modified the word counts for him, and he had fun assigning himself stickers and letting go of deadlines.
Remembering my own failed attempt at writing at that age, I am quite proud of his completion of the work, if a bit dubious about the content! Pretty strange...but then, it's supposed to be!
Did I ever mention Michael finished his book, too? I did enjoy his quirky laid-back adventure, and I hope he gets published at some point. I think he's sitting back and letting me write at the moment, but he speaks of resuming editing in January.
And, if you've been reading this blog, you know all about mine! Book #2, Gaynelle in the roaring '20s. Not sure how I feel about it right now, but happy that it's getting there.
No comments:
Post a Comment