Note the Goth mermaid on the right!
Well, this morning was supposed to be project #3 for Fiona and me with the oil pastels. I'm a bit bummed, though, that Fiona decided that she didn't want to do the project after a little while. It was rather tedious, I suppose, with all the shading and such. She just sort of drew the clementines in a couple of minutes and then said, "I'm done...they're not very good!" I was unable to talk her into giving it much of a go after that, and she said she'd rather make her paper doll mermaids, so she did those by drawing them with a pencil and then coloring with markers.
Clearly, we won't be going on to complete the other 3 projects, as I was hoping. Instead, I think perhaps we'll do project #1 in each of the other art books of this series for watercolor, acrylic paints, and color pencils. Too bad, as I rather like the oil pastels!
Where's project #2? Hmm...think I'll throw them back onto the old post with project #1, maybe. They're cliffs at a beach, and I'm not overly tickled with them, though it was definitely educational to do them. Thing is that I wasn't overly fond of the finished cliff in the book, either, so I'm not feeling too badly about how ours turned out.
Alex is at his final day at the Sand Gnats baseball camp. He liked it alright. He never generally likes day #1 of anything new, due to adjustment issues, but day #2 was definitely better for him. Day #3 (today) includes attending a Sand Gnats game tonight, which Michael is taking him to. Whew! Just not my thing at all. I might as well be sitting in an airport, for all that I follow team games. I'll try for a moment, and then sink back into contemplations and be totally lost! It's easier to follow a 2-person game like tennis or such. Not so many pieces to keep in mind at once!
That's all the updates on summer activities for now...big trip next week to science museums and water park with my sister and her children. We'll listen to The Red Pyramid on the drive to Orlando. Oh...I've discovered a really wonderful new (to me) author. Shannon Hale writes fantastic children's fantasy books. Just loved reading Princess Academy and now listening to Goose Girl, which Fiona already gave the thumbs-up. Shannon Hale's main characters are very serious, conscientious, and realistic, not silly at all, but I find they speak to the heart. I'm a brand new fan!
No comments:
Post a Comment