Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baseball Camp for Mr. Big Head!

Alex is off to baseball camp with the Sand Gnats today! Gosh, the summer is flying by!

He was so cute with all his gear. We had quite the trouble last night finding a baseball helmet to fit him, with his huge head. Then, this morning, his Sand Gnats cap was too small :(. Nope, not a new issue, and, actually, it's not generally an issue any more.

Our good friend called him a 'BC' from the get-go, for 'big cranium'. When Alex was a baby, it was killer trying to squeeze his head through to pull on shirts and tops! I got where I'd only buy shirts with snaps at the shoulders...I couldn't understand why they'd make tops with such small openings until I had Fiona, with her little 'pea-head'!

Alex was so top-heavy as a kid that it literally caused him to fall down a lot more... I'm glad he was first, because Fiona was never bruised up like him, and I'd have been more concerned about others' opinions if I'd had her first. I just assumed all kids fell down all the time. I did entertain the thought, after 3 days in a row of his head getting bashed in the same place in random falls, of keeping him in a football helmet, though! Luckily for him, the falling finally let up!

Personally, I have zero, or possibly negative, interest in baseball, so I was surprised that I felt enthused this morning. I think it's because he's begged for so long to get to play baseball, and I felt excited for him. I hope he's having fun! Further reports to follow...

No comments: