
Time to mellow out, finally...after another quick trip. We just returned from my folks' place in SC. Church was essentially monopolized by my family! A couple of other children performed Jesus Loves Me, and another man in the church made some announcements and readings, but my Dad gave the sermon, Alex played the prelude on the piano, Nick and Liz (Ard-Brady) played guitar and sang the anthem, Fiona provided special violin music and sang a song, and my mother and I provided the hymn music! Afterwards, Stephenie's and my children provided the music during the potluck dinner.
Michael graciously videotaped everything, and I actually have a couple short enough to post. Dad's sermon, unfortunately, is too long, but I'm so glad we have it for future memories! I always regretted not having a video or recording of my charismatic grandaddy's preaching!
The kids' playing went alright, though it could have been better....too much busy running around over the last week, though, I suppose, to have prepared adequately. We even spent Saturday at Fort Discovery Science Center in Augusta!
So glad to be home and ready to burrow down for a while...
Michael graciously videotaped everything, and I actually have a couple short enough to post. Dad's sermon, unfortunately, is too long, but I'm so glad we have it for future memories! I always regretted not having a video or recording of my charismatic grandaddy's preaching!
The kids' playing went alright, though it could have been better....too much busy running around over the last week, though, I suppose, to have prepared adequately. We even spent Saturday at Fort Discovery Science Center in Augusta!
So glad to be home and ready to burrow down for a while...
1 comment:
It was a fun trip. I am glad that we made it!
Post a Comment