
So this is basically what we printed on parchment paper for Alex's invitations. Each child was assigned a god or Titan role, and we made a few suggestions for their outfits. The biker gear for Ares is in deference to Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series, in which Ares is a total scary biker dude!
Alex actually did request the Ocean Conservancy focus and initially wanted to charge admission and make it a serious fund-raiser! He takes his personal contributions very seriously!
Isn't that a cool picture effect? It's from my sister's phone...I think it's called embossing. Anyhow, I thought it looked rather like a stone/marble statue (on which the Roman gods were frequently depicted).
Michael gets frustrated at how I mix eras and am continually historically inaccurate! The Greeks didn't wear togas...the statues were marble (white), not stone...etc. Of course, he feels that way about most movies and historical shows, too... I admire that he knows so much, but sometimes I'm certain it detracts from his enjoyment. It would mine, too, if I continually identified inaccuracies in an otherwise well-done film! Anyway, he's let go of historical fact and is running with my mish-mash party ideas. He's already planning a 'Quest' sort of Treasure Hunt for the kids. It should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment